Winter Tires at Discount Prices
Now is the time of the year to seriously consider winter tires for your vehicle. We live in an area with winter storms, snow, ice, or freezing rain, winter tires are the best protection you have against slips, skids, and spin-outs. Before the heavy storms hit later in the season, right now is the best time to get your winter tires at discount prices. Winter tires are an important investment because of their added safety benefits. But why pay more when Independent Tire Dealers has low prices on winter tires right now? You’re getting added safety, better deals, and preparing yourself early for the unknown hazards that winter weather brings to drivers. Don’t hesitate, a good set of four winter tires may save you time and bring ...[more]
We know you've heard it before, but it's critical enough to repeat: the tires you choose for your vehicle are important. It is critical to understand that the tires on your vehicle are the one single link to the road surface. To keep the rest of your vehicle performing at its peak, your tires are the very foundation of your vehicle.
Different quality tires will last for different periods of time, depending on wear and tear. Regular maintenance is key to longer tread life, but tread wears down over time and with use. Once you get to the point where you need to replace your tires, there are several choices that you can make. The easiest choice is get the exact size and make that originally came on the vehicle, when it was new. Beyond that, you might consider going to a better quality tire or ...[more]
The weather out there is getting cooler, and fall is definitely on its way out the door. This typically means one big thing for most drivers- It’s time to start considering your winter tire options. Depending on your typical commute and driving habits, as well as the climate in which you live, you have a wide range of choices for winter tires. Some things to factor in are snowfall or rainfall, road conditions, and temperature. Winter tires come in all sizes and price points, so there is something that will fit every driver’s needs out there.
· For Rainy/ Cold Climates- If you live in an area that doesn’t get much snowfall, where winters are wet and cold, you may want to consider All Season Tires or tires with specialized tread t ...[more]
The tire category of “All-Season Tires” can be a misleading term and this category gets the most questions out of any tire available. Basically, when you are purchasing All-Season tires, you are getting a very sturdy tire that will work well through various weather conditions as well as varying temperatures or climates. The types of tires that fall under the ‘All-Season’ tire category contain different types of tread compounds, designs, and mileage ratings, and there are some big differences between All-Season Tires, Regular, or ‘summer’ tires (sometimes also referred to as ‘three-season tires’), and Winter Tires.
One of the main differences is temperature. Temperature affects tire rubber. For example, firm rubber tha ...[more]
Stay safe this winter by knowing how to get the most out of your winter tires!
There are many different types of tires that can get you through the winter, and selecting the best type of tire and protection for your driving conditions will help you get through this winter season safely and smoothly. Remember to always check your tires for uneven wear, tread depth, and inflation. Improperly inflated, damaged, or bald tires can be a safety hazard in even the best driving conditions, and with winter driving precautions, can become even more dangerous. Always ask your trusted mechanic if the tires on your vehicle are rated for your weather and driving conditions.
Selecting from winter tire choices can be based on vehicle performance, driving conditions, climate conditions, and other factors. Here are the types of winter tires, and what they should be primarily used for:
Winter driving can be an adventure no matter what climate you live in. Driving in snow, sleet, or on ice can make even the most seasoned drivers nervous. If you live in an area that falls below an average temperature of 45 degrees or lower in the winter, has winter storms of snow, rain, sleet, or ice, then winter tires are a great investment to keep you and your loved ones safe on the road this season.
- Get 4 - Four winter tires will provide the best protection against winter road hazards. With 4 winter tires, you will have consistency in handling, control, traction, and grip.
- Tread - Winter tires have unique tread, specialized for channeling snow, ice, slush, and water away from the tire. With more ‘sipes’ and ‘lugs’, essentially g ...[more]
Independent Tire Dealer Group is a locally owned and operated network of tire dealers dedicated to competitive pricing, top name brand tires, and quality service. With over 200 locations throughout Missouri, Illinois, Kansas, Iowa and Indiana that carry over 20 top brands and specialize in knowledgeable, skilled technicians, and trustworthy service. ITD offers unbeatable warehouse pricing on top quality tires from Goodyear, Bridgestone, ...[more]
Are you ready for fall and winter driving? Changing leaves and snow days can be exciting, but also bring about new dangers for drivers. To keep you and your loved ones safe this season, there are special circumstances to remember when driving in the colder months. More accidents happen in the winter and fall because drivers ignore safety precautions. Here are some tips and important guidelines to follow to prevent common accidents:
Tips to Remember for Fall and Winter:
1. Check your tires. Your tires should be properly inflated, balanced, and have enough tread to avoid loss of traction. Cold weather and temperature fluctuations can decrease tire pressure. Keep a tire pressure gauge handy in your vehicle at all times and check frequently. If you can, invest into s ...[more]
Winter is just around the corner and in some areas it's quite a bit harsher than others. We want to give everyone a quick reminder that now is the time to buy winter tires and get them installed. If you can do this now, you don't have to go through the hassle of doing this in harsh or cold weather.
ITDroll.com and our Independent Tire Dealers can provide you with excellent prices on winter tires along with a fast installation time. We can even do a thorough inspection on your tires and vehicle if you are worried about anything that needs to be looked at.
Browse our selection of winter tires online, and visit a tire dealers in the Kansas City or St. Louis areas!
Bridgestone Firestone worked with IMSA and SCCA championship winning race car driver Peter Cunningham (also a three-time national ice driving champion), to develop these tips for safe winter driving.
• During winter months, keep abreast of weather reports in your area. If snow or ice is predicted, make plans to leave early or arrive later. An alarm clock set to an earlier time can be a good friend in helping you avoid difficulties.
• If you can move a night trip to daylight hours, do so. Not only is visibility better, but if your vehicle is stalled, you are more likely to receive prompt assistance during the daytime.
• Prepare your vehicle for winter driving; use this checklist as a guideline:
1. Check windshield wiper blades to make sure they work properly. In some areas, snow blades are an effective alternative to conventional wiper bl ...[more]